Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2 years living in the USA -- Wow that went quick !

I was just reflecting on my original move over on November 1 2007. Toni was good enough to come over with me and help me settle in. We had so much to do and even the very basic things were a real challenge. Like finding a grocery store..... after much driving around we thought we had cracked it only to find that we were in the Latin American store wall to wall Goya products and Pinyatas!
On the Saturday we were really pleased to find a quilt shop. Quilters Attic based in Pine Bush. We went in and the staff were all so friendly that I decided there and then that I needed to find a home close to Pine Bush. So here we are 2 years forward living in Pine Bush with my second home still the Quilters Attic.










I decided this year that the Girls and Rob should try get into the holiday spirit a bit more and so I bought them all Halloween costumes, Don't they look great and you can see how much they all loved it...........NOT !.
We take things much more seriously at work! The place is decked out and then the staff bring their children in for a "trick or treat" day. A good time is had by all.










Two years on and we are still finding little gems on our door step. This stone built church is tucked away near one of our favourite walking areas on the mountain. Rob discovered it when he flew over it with his hang glider. It's very cute with a great view of the Catskill mountains beyond.

This blog entry "critter of the month" goes to a reptile of some description that scared me half to death as I was trying to do some floor exercises in the basement gym area. I don't know what it is or how it got there. I let Rob deal with it .... in a nice way!
This weekend is the start of a long road trip with work over to Australia and Singapore, the best part of which, will be a stop over in New Zealand to see Toni. I am so looking forward to it

1 comment:

Mike Fox said...

I really must protest! Never dress the dogs up again! Isn't it bad enough you gave them those names! :p